Effective: June 1, 2020
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
We collect and use the following information to provide, improve, and protect our Services:
1. Information You Provide:
- Demos. We ask that you provide certain information when you request a demonstration of our Services from us (including but not limited to your first name, last name, work email address, phone number, job title and company name). We use this information to follow up with you about your request, to schedule the demonstration, and for marketing purposes.
- Basic Account Information. To use the Services, we ask you to log in and provide certain personal information (which may include your email address, username, and password) in order to save your projects, and other data associated with your account. We may also attach any additional data provided to us with your account.
- Messages. If you request to join our mailing list, we will receive your email address. Also, if you correspond with us, you may also provide us information when you email or message us, respond to surveys, or communicate with our personnel regarding the Services.
- Telephone Information. If we telephone you, or you telephone us, to discuss our Services, we may collect personal information from you, including your name, company name, business address, phone number, job title, email address, information about your business needs, and any other information you choose to share with us by telephone.
2. Information We Collect Automatically:
- Device Information. Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. Your devices (depending on their settings) may also transmit location information to the Services.
- Usage Information. We collect information related to how you use the Services, including actions you take in your account (like creating, sharing, viewing, and moving files). We use this information to improve our Services, develop new services and features, and protect the users of our Services (“Users”).
- Location Information. We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions.
- Cookies and Similar Technologies. We use technologies like cookies and pixel tags to provide, improve, protect, and promote our Services. A cookie is a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters that may uniquely identify your browser that lets us help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the Services. A cookie may also convey information to us about how you use the Services (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click, how frequently you access the Services, and other actions you take on the Services), and allow us to track your usage of the Services over time. You can set your browser to not accept cookies, but this may limit your ability to use the Services. Similarly, we may employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons) which are used to anonymously track your usage patterns on the Services, or place clear gifs in HTML-based emails we send you to track which emails are opened and which links you click. This information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Services.
3. Information We Collect from Other Sources:
- Authentication Services. If you choose to integrate the Services into your single sign-on solution (SSO) in order to facilitate authentication for Users you have authorized to use the Services pursuant to an agreement with us, we may receive a token or other credentials from your third-party authentication provider in order for us to authenticate the User on the Services. Your authentication provider may also provide additional information about a User, such as business division, name, or access permission levels.
- Third Party Services. We may also receive information from third party services, such as social networking platforms, data providers, marketing companies or others, to help us better understand you and how you use our Services.
4. Information Collected by Third Parties:
5. Purposes for Collection:
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
- To provide you the Services, including for example, creating, maintaining, and supporting your account on the Services;
- To maintain, monitor, and improve the Services by adding new features, sharing new use cases, or making the Services easier to use;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how you interact with our Services;
- For our own internal benchmarking, for example, to measure, and gauge the effectiveness of the Services, our advertising of the Services, and to better understand user retention and attrition–for example, we may analyze how many individuals started using the Services after receiving a marketing message, or the features used by those who continue to use our Services after a certain length of time;
- To prevent problems with our Services, protect the security of our Services, detect fraudulent actions or illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of Highrise and others, which may result in us declining an action or the use of our Services;
- To personalize your experience using our Services, remember your preferences on the Services so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you use the Services, target our marketing messages to groups of our Users (for example, those who have a particular plan with us or have been our user for a certain length of time), to serve relevant advertisements; and
- To communicate with you, for example through an email, about offers and promotions offered by Highrise and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on what we’re up to and our products. For further information on your choices regarding your choices with regard to the use of your information for marketing purposes, see "Your Choices Regarding Your Information" below.
LEGAL BASIS FOR COLLECTING AND USING INFORMATION
We collect and use the personal data described above based on the following grounds:
- The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under an agreement we’ve entered into with you or is necessary to administer your account–for example, in order to enable access to our Services on your device or charge you for a paid subscription; or
- Compliance with a legal obligation necessitates the use; or
- The protection of your vital interests or those of another person require the use; or
- We have a legitimate interest in using your information–for example, to provide and update our Services, to improve our Services so that we can offer you an even better user experience, to safeguard our Services, to communicate with you, to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition, to monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, and to personalize your experience; or
- You have given us your consent.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
We collect and use the personal data described above based on the following grounds:
- Other Users. When you register your Highrise account you may be added into a specific account with other users associated with your organization, your basic information—like your name, team name, profile picture, and email address— may be visible to these other users within your same organization. This helps your organization collaborate and work together more efficiently.
- Account Administrators. If your use of the Services is pursuant to an agreement entered into by your employer or other organization to which you belong, your administrator may have the ability to access and control your Highrise account. Please refer to your organization’s internal policies if you have questions about this.
- Your Consent. Certain features let you make additional information available to others.
- Law & Order and the Public Interest. Third parties as required to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, subpoena/court order, legal process or other government request, (b) enforce our Terms of Service, including the investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations, (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Highrise, its users or the public as required or permitted by law and (e) detect, prevent or otherwise address criminal (including fraud or stalking), security or technical issues.
- Aggregated and De-Identified Information. We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services.
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
- Account Data. All Highrise account holders may review, update, correct or delete the personal information in their registration profile by logging into their account. Highrise account holders may also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to accomplish the foregoing or if you have additional requests or questions.
- Access to Data Controlled by Our Users. Highrise has no direct relationship with the end users of our Users’ Products whose personal information is contained within the personal data processed by our Services. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete personal information provided by our Users should direct their request the specific User. You may also contact us at email@example.com if you have additional questions or concerns.
- Marketing Communications. If you do not wish to receive promotional emails, you can click the "unsubscribe" button on promotional email communications. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices. We sometimes contact people who do not have a Highrise account. If you receive an email and no longer wish to be contacted by Highrise, you can unsubscribe and remove yourself from our contact list via the message itself.
- Analytics Services. As noted above, analytics providers may set tracking technologies (like cookies) to collect information about your use of the Services, and potentially your use of other websites and online services. For more information about how to manage and delete cookies, visit aboutcookies.org. For further information on what information is collected by analytics service providers and why, see "Information Collection and Use."
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies. At this time, Highrise does not respond to “do not track” signals across all of our Services. However, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using the Services, with the drawback that certain features of the Services may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
- Close Your Account. Of course, while it’s hard to say goodbye, we understand that sometimes you just need to move on. You can delete your information from within your account or close your account and keep in mind that we may continue to retain your information after closing your account, as described in How Store Your Information below–for example, when that information is reasonably needed to comply with (or demonstrate our compliance with) legal obligations such as law enforcement requests, or reasonably needed for our legitimate business interests.
HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
- Security. We use commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, destruction, and to ensure that the information we process is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and current to the extent necessary for the purposes for which we use the information. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please contact us immediately if you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure.
- Location of Storage. To provide you with the Services, we may store, process, and transmit information in the United States and locations around the world—including those outside your country. Information may also be stored locally on the devices you use to access the Services.
- Retention. We’ll retain your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes described herein. You may request we delete your information. Please note we may retain your information if necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements.
Your personal information is controlled by Highrise, Inc. Have questions or concerns about the Services or your privacy? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org